We are Aligned..Viva Fiesta!
Our Establishment – San Antonio
Military City USA was introduced to Aligned Mortgage in 2016. The infectious vision of nurturing San Antonio’s military community sprouted from Chris Cano. He was born and raised on the southeast side of San Antonio, Texas. Following his father’s, a Vietnam Sailor, and brother’s footsteps, Chris enlisted in the United States Navy in 2001 as a Nuclear Machinist Mate, graduating from Naval Nuclear Power Training Command as one of the top students.
After 10 years in the Navy, Chris was divinely introduced to Tony Dias (now business partner), a prior service Marine, who inspired him to begin his journey in the mortgage industry. Chris turned his passion of serving in the Military into a passion of helping his fellow shipmates, active duty service members, and veterans acquire property in the country they also helped defend. Leading teams in Hawaii and San Diego was the beginning of what sprouted Chris’ vision of growth. After God called Chris’ dad home in 2015, his purpose was geared towards expanding the business to his hometown where he can involve his family in helping him execute his mission.
There are 13% of 23 million Veterans in the United States who have used their VA home loan benefit. By fostering and strengthening educational opportunities, Aligned Mortgage in San Antonio focuses and strategizes on impacting the remaining 87% of Veterans who have not utilized their VA home loan benefit. Our leadership humbly uses their prior service to our country towards engaging with local military bases and active duty individuals by assembling on-base seminars and providing educational resources. We are aggressive in also educating and partnering with real estate professionals, builders, title companies, and insurance agents on the VA guidelines to ensure that every person who has worn the cloth of our nation has an opportunity to own a piece of the country.
Our current team of thirty-five is accumulated of individuals who are affiliated with the military community – whether they previously served, married to, dependent of, or related to a veteran, our team understands the dedication that was given to our country and passionately strives every day to give back by being an advocate to their needs. Our office culture depicts the motivation of every team member’s work ethic – by giving time to the San Antonio community and supporting our local organizations, we understand the value of collaborating with other companies that share that same vision. We pride ourselves on every team member participating in an integral part and adding value in the process of making our Veteran’s homeowners.
The day-to-day tasks become insignificant during our Veteran’s closing day – Freezing our current task to secretly line up along the hallway as we fervently wait to surprise and congratulate our new homeowners walking down the office hallway to be surprised with joy. Listening to the unique testimonies of what is a pivotal moment for them is captured with tears and cheers. San Antonio Opportunity We value pouring into prior service men and woman and military advocates in training them up towards becoming a part of our team. Our training program is structured to groom and grow individuals to acquire servant leadership qualities and to be equipped with knowledge in becoming our Military’s advocate for the VA home loan benefit.