At Aligned Mortgage, we know that utilizing your VA Home Loan Benefit can allow you to build wealth! If you will only be stationed in Hawaii for a few years, it’s wise to think ahead and begin planning for when that time comes. Will you be able to sell your home when you leave? Are you able to rent it out and make some money? Buying a home in Hawaii is a great investment, and can be a terrific way to earn a rental income once you PCS to your next duty station. So what exactly is Property Management?

A property management company is responsible for your home and acts on your behalf. They offer services such as marketing; providing advertisements and property showings to find the right tenants for your home. They will conduct an in-depth screening assessment to select qualified residents based on their rental history, credit check, criminal background check, and employment verification.

Your property manager will have a signed rental agreement in place, defining the terms of the rental. They are responsible for collecting rent each month and making sure it is paid on time. They can also provide you with accounting services as well, to maintain financial records and copies of invoices, which will come in handy for tax season. Your property manager will also handle any maintenance issues that may arise, and conduct inspections on your home to ensure it remains in the best possible condition. All of these services should relieve you as the owner, of all stress and worry, especially if you are stationed in another state or country. Your property management team should give you peace of mind. So how do you get started?


Find a Property Management Company When You Buy Your Home

Start researching property management companies when you are buying your home. Your property manager needs to be someone you trust tremendously, so it’s never too early to start building that relationship

Buy in Your Target Area
Think about the type of tenant you are looking for. For example, if you would like to rent to another veteran, you should look to purchase a property in an area that’s popular for military service members and their families.

Know the Right Price
Your property manager can run a market analysis to find the right asking price relative to comparable properties in the area. Ideally, you’ll want to collect enough rental income to cover your mortgage expenses and the small percentage owed to your management company. However, a rental property priced too high could possibly sit vacant longer. Hiring an expert professional to give you factual information will help you determine the right asking price.

Have questions? Contact us today for answers at (808) 677-5626

Aligned Mortgage - Waipio
94-539 Puahi Street
Waipio, HI 96797
NMLS #1696573
Licensed in Hawaii -Texas -Oregon -California
Phone 808-677-5626

Aligned Mortgage - Hilo
99 Aupuni St STE 108
Hilo, Hawaii 96720
NMLS #1727609
Licensed in Hawaii
Phone (808) 495-0317

Aligned Mortgage - San Antonio
1027 Austin Hwy STE 101
San Antonio, TX 78209
NMLS #1695733
Licensed in Texas - California
Phone 210-874-1630

 © 2018 American Pacific Mortgage Corporation. All information contained herein is for informational purposes only and, while every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, no guarantee is expressed or implied. Any programs shown do not demonstrate all options or pricing structures. Rates, terms, programs and underwriting policies subject to change without notice. This is not an offer to extend credit or a commitment to lend. All loans subject to underwriting approval. Some products may not be available in all states and restrictions apply. Equal Housing Opportunity.
Consumer Access    Privacy Policy     Disclosures
Licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act.

Consumers wishing to file a complaint against a company or a residential mortgage loan originator should complete and send a complaint form to the Texas Department of savings and mortgage lending, 2601 north Lamar, Suite 201, Austin, Texas 78705. Complaint forms and instructions may be obtained from the department’s website at A toll-free consumer hotline is available at 1-877-276-5550. The department maintains a recovery fund to make payments of certain actual out of pocket damages sustained by borrowers caused by acts of licensed residential mortgage loan originators. A written application for reimbursement from the recovery fund must be filed with and investigated by the department prior to the payment of a claim. For more information about the recovery fund, please consult the department’s website at